I manage to finish a few series this year and I feel so accomplished! Next year I need to get better at reading sequels/finishing series. 🙂
Here are my favorites.
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #3) This was a great conclusion to the trilogy, though I wasn’t very happy with that ending. Not a fan of Mal, but I was still satisfied with how everything developed. Can I get more of Nikolai? Love him so much!
- End of Days by Susan Ee (Penryn and the End of Days #3) Penryn and Raffe were great characters and I was glad to see their story come to an end, but I might have waited too long to finish the trilogy. I didn’t love it as much as the first book, but it was very entertaining.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #4) I had a great time reading this series and even though I had a few issues with it I still like it. I appreciate it even more after finishing the finale. The villain was a bit generic and one dimensional (though I liked Levana a lot more in Fairest), the plot was predictable and the world building wasn’t as developed as I’d have liked, but the main characters were amazing and I really, really liked them. The dynamic between the crew was fun and interesting, specially if Thorne was around!
- The Last Olympian by Rick (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) This is my favorite Middle Grade series and the one that sparked my love for the “genre”. The finale was everything I wanted and more. It took me a while to finish the series, because I didn’t want it to end. I’ll miss Percy, his friends and all the amazing adventures they had!
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn #3) I loves this trilogy. It’s probably my favorite series of all time. Thanks to Sanderson I discovered my love for Epic Fantasy. The Final Empire is still my favorite book, it has one of my favorite characters ever. I feel so weird because it took me months to finish this book, but it is amazing. Sanderson is an amazing writer, brilliant plotter. How everything weaved together just blew my mind. I’m excited to continue with the rest of his books.
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) & The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater I don’t know how I’m going to live without my babies. I read these books so fast and I miss them so much. I picked these two, but I love all four books. They are not perfect and barely give you all the answers, but to me this series is everything. I was and still am emotionally attached to the characters and I would ready anything that has Gansey, Blue, Adam, Ronan and Noah in them. I’m still a bit mad, because it felt like Stiefvater forgot Noah in TRK, but oh well.